Holiday Nights at Tohono Chul Park
Glendale Glitters Enchanted Evenings
25th Annual Cowboy Christmas Poetry Gathering
2014 Baseball Spring Training Travel Package - up to $525 Early Sign Up Travel Rebate
All Inclusive Premium Package offering: 7 day 6 night quality lodging,5 spring training games, all meals, transportation to all events, daily speakers, warm beautiful desert spring, on site escort.
Book Early and Save- Comfort Inn Phoenix
Save 10% when you book at least 21 days in advance. Includes Free Breakfast, Heated outdoor pool and HSIA.
Independence Day Celebration
Anthem Community Park
Thousands of people will come together on Tuesday, July 3, at the Anthem Community Park Ball Fields for Anthem’s Independence Day Celebration. Sponsored this year by ValleyCrest Landscape Maintenance and Associated Asset Management, the free event starts at 6:00 p.m. and includes a fireworks display scheduled for 9:30 p.m. The Anthem Independence Day Celebration attracts 15,000 to 18,000 people from all over the metro-Phoenix area.
Guests to the celebration will enjoy:
• Performance by Third Anthem Idol
Live entertainment will include a performance by Anthem’s third “Anthem Idol” who will sing the National Anthem live and a cappella at about 9:25 p.m. immediately following a presentation of the Daisy Mountain Fire Department Color Guard.
• Plenty of Food and Drinks
Plenty of food vendors will be available, offering hamburgers and hot dogs to barbecue, kettle corn and fry bread. Most food vendors will have non-alcoholic beverages for sale, and the Anthem Rotary will host their Beer Garden. Be sure to save room for dessert: sno-cones, ice cream and funnel cake are just some options that will be on hand.
• Activities, Entertainment and Rides
A DJ will spin popular tunes, emcee Persephone Dimson will lead the crowd in various dances, and traveling stilt walkers will entertain the crowd. Attendees can play in wet and dry bounce houses and slides on an unlimited basis with the purchase of a $10 bracelet that can be bought at the event, or in advance at the Anthem Community Center. Other rides will available, as well as the Daisy Mountain Railroad, at an additional cost. Patriotic glow necklaces and temporary tattoos will be on sale to allow revelers to show their party spirit.
After everyone has had their fill of fun, food and festivities, it will be time to sit back and watch as the night sky lights up with a spectacular fireworks display. The first flare is set to go off at 9:30 p.m., and the show is certain to not disappoint.
Parking and Road Restrictions:
A variety of road restrictions in Anthem will be in effect on July 3 from 4:00 p.m. until midnight:
• Anthem Way between Gavilan Peak and Independence Way will be restricted to one lane both eastbound and westbound.
• The bike lane will be closed and cones will have the right vehicle lane blocked off. Cars are permitted to park on Anthem Way except where noted.
• Gavilan Peak between Anthem Way and Memorial Way will be restricted to one lane both northbound and southbound.
• The bike lane will be closed and cones will have the right vehicle lanes blocked off. Cars are permitted to park on Gavilan Peak during this time period, except where noted.
• Northbound Freedom Way and Independence Way must turn right onto Anthem Way.
• Most traffic exiting the event to access I-17 will be re-routed to go eastbound on Anthem Way and southbound on Daisy Mountain to access the freeway from Daisy Mountain.
• The Community Center and the Community Center Parking Lot will close at 4:00 p.m. because it is the staging/fallout area for the fireworks display.
Anthem is a master planned community located in Maricopa County, Arizona. The Anthem Community Council, Inc. serves as a unifying entity for the Anthem development. The mission of the Anthem Community Council, Inc. is to make Anthem the most desirable community in which to live, play, work and do business.
For More InformationPrint this Event
Anthem, AZ 85086